Sunday, August 3, 2014

Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy


Greetings, fellow Earthlings! I come in peace to give you my review of the latest Marvel film, Guardians of the Galaxy! Thanks to the awesome peeps from Nuffnang, I had the opportunity to watch Guardians of the Galaxy in not just boring ole' 2D but in dynamic thuureeeeeee-deeeee! (3D) To the Marvel fans out there, I apologize in advance if I unknowingly say or point out a wrong detail regarding the Marvel universe because I am not an avid Marvel fan and I could be ignorant to how the Marvel world works. Sorry! Now without further ado, let's get down to business.

To start off, the CGI was amazing. Period. The movie mostly takes place in out-of-this-world locations (all that alien and ET stuff), and I thought they did a pretty good job of rendering it on the Big Screen. Plus, Groot (tree guy) and Rocket (raccoon) really looked real. I could say that the team behind the movie graphics really used their movie magic well and took us to places we could only imagine. Also, the music score won't alienate you since it features some (thankfully) Earth throwback hits. 

The story was simple yet remarkable. You do not need to be an uber Marvel fanboy/fangirl to go with the flow of the story and you'll get it easily. The story wasn't complicated and the motives of our heroes were clear. Also, the movie was action-packed! For Guardians of the Galaxy I could say two things: it was action-packed with just the right amount of humor. Some movies overdo it, while others do the opposite and add humor just for the sake of comic relief. However, Guardians of the Galaxy had just the right amount. And let's not forget the romance factor. I could say that this movie had its eyes focused on teamwork rather than romance. If you are brewing up some chemistry between Peter Quill (only human on picture above) and Gamora (green gal) in your head, well let's just say that friendzoning isn't exclusive to humans. And speaking of friendzoning, you'll probably witness one of the greatest friendships of all time between our two CGI heroes, Rocket and Groot. I think I'm missing someone... Oh yes! Muscular tattooed blue bald guy! (a.k.a Drax the Destroyer) All I can say about him is that anyone could be good, even if he/she is known by the name "The Destroyer". This group of diverse heroes will show you what working together can accomplish.

I think that Guardians of the Galaxy deserves 5 stars!



I enjoyed every second of it and I thought that it was one of Marvel's best films. Guardians of the Galaxy took me on a roller coaster ride of emotions while making sure I learn that there is no "I" in "team". With a well-written plot, unique and diverse heroes, and an almighty bad guy, I left the cinema craving for more. I can't wait for the sequel since some questions were loosely left unanswered. But I think the sequel won't be coming out in a while and I'm leaving it to you to find out why. Just remember the almighty rule when watching a Marvel movie, never leave the theater without finishing the credits. Also, let's see if you can spot the creative mind behind Marvel himself! Stan Lee does it again in this Marvel installment. Hope you enjoyed my review! What are your thoughts about Guardians of the Galaxy? What are you expecting from the film or if you have seen it, what can you say about it? Let me know in the comments! 

Thanks once again to Nuffnang and Kit Kat for hosting this special movie screening! :)

I Am Groot,

No comments:

Post a Comment