Thursday, August 1, 2013

Eat and Go: Deliciously Okay

I consider myself as a foodie, being chubby is an accurate proof. I love to try different foods and restaurants whenever I get the chance. Last Sunday, my mom and I ate at SM Megamall's Eat and Go. 


Seafood Salad, Fish Scallopini, and Chicken Saltimbocca
We were attracted by their promo for two persons. For only P399, you get two P195 priced main entrees, a salad of your choice, and two drinks. If you order all without the promo, you'll end up with a more than P500 bill. So that was surely a great promo. 


I ordered the Chicken Saltimbocca.  Its basically chicken cordon bleu with gravy. With every entree, you get to choose two side dishes. They were Roasted Pepper Rice or Pasta of the Day, and Corn and Carrots or Baked Beans. I picked Roasted Pepper Rice, since I wanted a heavy lunch and Corn and Carrots since I didn't like the latter. 

Chicken Saltimbocca
The chicken itself was delicious (it was simply chicken fillet, rolled and stuffed with ham and cheese), yet I found the fried rice a little bit coarse. There were hard parts, maybe uncooked or overcooked ones. But the pepper was surely there. The corn and carrots were not that special either. It was bland, and I had to sprinkle salt many times to get a taste. But overall the meal was okay. It was heavy, a suitable meal for lunch. I guess I'd give it a 7 out of 10 rating.


Fish Scallopini
My mom ordered Fish Scallopini, pan-seared cream dory with lemon butter sauce on top. The lemon butter sauce explains the sourness of it. The fish was okay but there were large parts which are only breading, but it went well with the pasta of the day which is plain old spaghetti. 
The spaghetti was nothing special, a characteristic you would normally expect from multiple choice side dishes. XD It was an okay meal all in all and I guess I'd give it a 7 too.

Seafood Salad
The last food we ordered was the Seafood Salad. It was just lettuce, shrimp, crabsticks, calamari, and croutons. I guess it was the meal I enjoyed most out of the three. I ended up having the last bite of this meal. My mom said it was a bit sour, but for me it was perfect. What I love about most is the croutons. They're not just your ordinary croutons, they were GARLIC favored croutons. A small piece is packed with garlicky flavored goodness. I love it. I'd definitely give it a 9 out of 10.

The overall service was great. It was very quick. I'm not kidding. In less than 20 minutes after they got our orders, our food was there! Maybe that's where the Go in Eat and Go comes from. So if you happen to be in SM Megamall and wandered into the Atrium by any chance, try a meal from Eat and Go. Satisfaction is guaranteed but pleasure is not always. There's just one thing I can say: deliciousness is in the tongue of the beholder. 

May every bite be filled with love,

No comments:

Post a Comment